Kenwood Historic District
The Kenwood Historic District is a 375-acre residential area best known for its historic bungalows. It consists mostly of one-story and two-story single family homes constructed between 1912 and 1945. Historic outbuildings, such as garages and garage apartments, are also common in the neighborhood. There are a variety of residential architectural styles represented in the district, including Frame and Masonry Vernacular, Craftsman Bungalow, Minimal Traditional, Tudor Revival, Mediterranean Revival, Colonial Revival, Ranch, Prairie, American Foursquare, Dutch Colonial Revival, Mission, and International. However, while many styles are evident, bungalows constitute more than 50 percent of the homes. Not all of these homes were built in their current locations: many of these Craftsman/bungalow style homes were relocated to the area in the 1930s from other neighborhoods in the city, helping to cement Historic Kenwood's bungalow identity. St. Petersburg High School (1926), listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is located in the heart of Historic Kenwood along 5th Avenue North. Six churches, including two brand new churches: Reliance and The Foundry, as well as numerous commercial buildings can be found within the district.